The surgery are scheduled for our first delivery of the flu vaccine on the 22 September 2020, so please contact the surgery from the 23rd September to check availability and book a slot. Please check if you fit the criteria below before calling
WHO SHOULD GET THE FLU VACCINE?
- Adults over the age of 65 (including anyone turning 65 before 31/3/21)
- People with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age) i.e Severe asthma (regularly prescribed more than a blue Salbutamol inhaler), COPD (bronchitis), Heart Disease (such as heart failure), Kidney disease( stage 3,4 or 5), Liver disease, Neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s or Motor Neurone disease, Learning Disability, Diabetes, Splenic dysfunction or Asplenia, Weakened Immune system (AIDS/HIV) or current cancer treatment. Morbidly obese (BMI over 40),
- Carers- including people living with someone who was shielding,
- Children aged 2 and 3 on 31/8/2020
- Front-line health or social care workers
You are probably aware that the Branch surgery remains closed and we are currently operating from Preston Road site only. This is to ensure the safety and welfare of both patients and staff.
The flu clinics will be a walk through this year – weather permitting. Arrangements are in place if the weather turns. We will be utilising the side car park at Preston Road.
Please do not attend your flu vaccine appointment if you are feeling unwell or have been contacted to self isolate due to contact with a positive Covid 19 (Coronaviris) case. Please call us to re book.
Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time. Please bring a suitable face covering and wear loose top layers.
If you are aged between 50 and 64 and do not currently fit the criteria for the flu vaccine, you will become eligible later in the season. Please ensure we have your mobile number and consent to text so we can contact you when we get details of the programme.
Thank you for your continued support.